The WinSCP FTP client can be downloaded from the program developer's page - https://winscp.net.
To connect, open WinSCP. If you have not had another connection session before, you will be immediately prompted to add a new one.
If you already have an open session, you can add an additional session, to do this follow the instructions:
- Click on Session in the top panel, and in the drop-down menu, click on New Session (or this action can be performed with the key combination: Ctrl + N)
As a result, when we see the window for creating a new session, we can start connecting.
- To connect to FTP via WinSCP, follow as.
You need to enter data in 3 fields: User name, Host name, Password. In the following paragraphs, we will show you how to get the specified data.
- User name and Host name:
To get the Username and Hostname, you need to go to the FTP section, select your user and click on FTP-client settings.
More details can be seen in the screenshot.
Next, a new tab will open where we can get this information
- Password: To get the password from the FTP user, you also need to go to the FTP section, but at the moment edit the user.
In the next tab, we see that the password field is empty, do not worry.
You need to enter a new password, and remember it, as it is not saved here, and you will not be able to see it.
If you have forgotten your password, you can always repeat this procedure.
- As a result, when we have all the data, we can try to connect:
- Enter the data and click login
- And we get FTP access through WinSCP